Dear Deer

Last weekend I went to say hello to the deer who live in Richmond Park.

Now I have sampled all London parks and have strong feelings on the winners and losers. One of the top winners is Richmond Park because it is so rough and wild feeling in places. Also because of the roaming deer which turn an afternoon stroll into a sort-of safari adventure!

Just watch out for the yknow-what under foot.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. G’s avatar

Wow! I had no idea there were deer in one of London’s parks… just another reason for me to move there asap! xx

2. Kate’s avatar

One of my local parks! It really is magical in there x

3. Amy’s avatar

That is so cute. There’s a park up near by me that is famous for their deer — we played a concert there once and I was amazed at how close they got.

Looks like a fun day 🙂

4. Kate’s avatar

Ooooh I need to take you to Knole Park near(ish) me where it has plenty of roaming Bambi’s! We’ll have to have a girlie sleepover at mine & then I’ll drive us out there!

5. Filipa’s avatar

That is absolutely brilliant!

6. Seaneeboy’s avatar

Careful! you’ve dropped your maltease… oh.

7. ellio100’s avatar

aww, that coat is cute! Richmond park is enormous isn’t it? I went there once and didn’t even manage to see any deer 🙁

1. Bee’s avatar

It is, it’s huge and wild and almost moorlike in places! It’s just a shame you can see tower blocks from almost every inch of it, lurking in the distance! So pretty though x

2. Raisa’s avatar

Yay for green spaces! Thanks for the comment! I love deer too…the park right next to my flat, Clissold Park in Stoke Newington has deer too… I find it really surreal, that in an inner city park, there are (semi)wild animals! But nothing beats Tatton’s deer park in Knutsford (which is in Cheshire near Manchester) it’s a drive away from Manchester and I remember always being a kid and being taken there to see the wild deer and rabbits… btw I love that sailor top you’re wearing!

1. Bee’s avatar

Hey R… Aw I live in East London too so might have to plan a second deer-related excursion to Stoke Newington sometime soon!

2. Mara’s avatar

I love these photos. What sort of camera do you use??

1. Bee’s avatar

It’s just my iphone! Nothing snazzy or special, I just format and add on grading with photoshop afterwards… afraid it is a big time consuming but I like the older antiquey look :]